Brush Care Tips
How to clean Make-up brushes - Handy Tips
Hygiene is a must when it comes to make-up care. It is important to wash your make-up brushes regularly especially if you use them daily, you should wash them every 4-6 weeks.This will not only stop bacteria from breeding but also keep your brushes well conditioned and soft.
After cleaning always reshape brushes and lay them flat on a small towel to dry for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
You can clean your brushes using a professional brush cleanser or a more cost effective way is to use a mild baby shampoo or mild facial cleanser and mild antiseptic solution.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- If using a brush cleanser- dab some cleanser onto a paper towel and sweep your brush through it several times as though you are painting.
The advantage of using a brush cleanser is that the brushes will dry much more quickly - great if you need to use them soon after cleaning.
- If using a mild shampoo or cleanser dilute it and gently clean your brushes using tepid water.
- Instead of using an antiseptic solution you can dilute 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar and then rinse with tepid water.
- Never soak brushes or wet handles - this could cause wooden handles to swell and or bristles to fall out.
- Never use a hair dryer to dry your brushes this will damage the bristles.
The Brush care information we have shared are handy tips only and all Brush care is the responsibility of the purchaser